Laser Marking Machine
Laser marking machine concentrates the laser on the surface of the object to be marked with a very high energy density, in a very short time, vaporizes the material on the surface, and controls the effective displacement of the laser beam to accurately engrave exquisite patterns or text. Laser marking machine is mainly divided into ultraviolet laser marking system, fiber laser marking system and CO2 laser marking system. It can engrave a variety of metals and non-metallic materials. It is mainly used for jewelry, guns, metal parts, tools, tags, signs, clothing accessories, pharmaceutical packaging, wine packaging, building ceramics, beverage packaging, rubber products, shell nameplates, crafts, gifts, electronic components, leather engraving, woodworking, glass etching, and more industries.
Inkjet printer is a device that is controlled by software and uses a non-contact method to mark the product. Generally refers to Continuous Inkjet Printer (CIJ). The inkjet printer uses the principle of charged ink particles to be deflected by a high-voltage electric field to print patterns, text and numbers on the surface of various objects. The inkjet printer uses the charged deflection method of the ink to deflect the ink dots out of the normal flight path and shoots them to the surface of the work object. The position of each ink drop is controlled by the electricity charged to the ink drop. Usually the ink drop is only in the vertical direction. To change, the printed matter and the nozzle must move relative to each other to form the data we want to print. Inkjet printers are mainly concentrated in beverage, beer, mineral water and other industries.
What are the differences between laser marking machine and inkjet printer?
Inkjet Printer: Generally 30m/min, divided into handheld marking and assembly line mechanical marking.
Laser Marking Machine: Generally 18m/s, using intelligent automatic flying marking, and static marking with manual positioning.
Conclusion: In terms of marking speed, laser marking system is better than inkjet printing system, so if you want to improve production efficiency, laser marking system is undoubtedly a better choice.
Inkjet Printer: Basically applicable to all common materials, such as paper, leather, plastic, glass, metal, etc.
Laser Marking Machine: It is necessary to divide the material into different types and use different types of laser marking machines. If paper is suitable for carbon dioxide laser marking machine, glass is suitable for ultraviolet laser marking machine, and metal material is suitable for fiber laser marking machine.
Conclusion: In the case of a single product material, you can consider an inkjet printing system or a targeted laser etching machine; if the material is diverse, considering the cost, start with an inkjet printing system.
Inkjet Printer: Generally consists of an ink system, ink nozzles, ink cartridges, and a supporting operation data panel. The more advanced ones are equipped with a blast freezing device.
Laser Marking Machine: Basically consists of laser, field lens, galvanometer, intelligent chemical control computer or operation data system.
Conclusion: In terms of configuration, the laser marking system is more intelligent and has higher technical content.
Inkjet Printer: Adopts chemical ink charged adsorption, which can be applied to almost all paper materials, but the adhesion degree and marking effect are easily affected by factors such as working environment humidity, temperature, and whether the material surface is smooth.
Laser Marking Machine: Since marking uses a laser to etch the surface of an object to form a marking effect, it is clear and permanent, but different materials should be distinguished from different types of marking machines.
Conclusion: In terms of marking effect, inkjet printing systems have a certain chance of tampering with ink markings, uneven or unclear ink distribution, etc. The markings of laser etching machines are clear and permanent. But one thing to note is that the marking effect of laser engraving systems for different materials will also be different, so inkjet printers have a wide range of adaptability, while laser etching systems are pertinent.
Inkjet Printer: Need to clean the nozzle regularly and replace the ink cartridge.
Laser Marking Machine: Since there are no additional consumables, there is basically no maintenance cost.
Conclusion: The maintenance cost of the laser engraving machine is lower than that of the inkjet printer, and the consumables are also less than that of the inkjet printing system.
Inkjet printer: The initial purchase equipment investment cost is low, and the production cost of later product marking is higher.
Laser Marking Machine: The equipment price is high, the initial investment cost is high, but the production cost of a single product is low.
Conclusion: If you are considering short-term investment in a small business, you might as well start inkjet printing systems, but if you want to pursue long-term economic benefits, consider laser marking systems.
Inkjet Printer: The ink is charged and adsorbed, which does not damage the object itself, but chemical ink is prone to chemical pollution.
Laser Marking Machine: Does not produce any chemical pollution, but it will cause certain damage to the object itself.
Conclusion: If it is flammable and easily damaged, cannot be recovered after damage, or the product is scrapped, inkjet printer is the best choice; if it contains multiple materials and pursues clear and permanent marking, such as metal, PVC and other materials, you may wish to consider laser marking machine.
Compared with inkjet printing systems, laser marking system is a more advanced technology. Although the application of laser marking machines in the market has just begun, the development trend is rapid. The laser marking machine greatly improves the problems of traditional inkjet printers and improves the reliability and flexibility of the equipment.
You can get seven benefits from laser marking machine as follows:
1. Increasing the added value can make the product look higher grade. Enhance the visibility of the product brand;
2. Environmental protection and safety. The laser etching machine does not produce any chemical substances harmful to the human body and the environment. Comply with standards. It is an environmentally friendly high-tech product;
3. It is conducive to product tracking and recording. The laser marking system can print the batch number, production date, shift of the product. It can make every product get good tracking performance;
4. The equipment is reliable. The laser marking machine has a mature industrial design, stable and reliable performance, and can work continuously for 24 hours. The laser has a maintenance-free time of more than 20,000 hours. Wide temperature adaptation range (5℃-45℃), which is widely used in the production line of various LED industries;
5. The laser etching machine can print a large amount of data in a very small range. The laser can mark the product material itself with a very thin beam. The printing accuracy is extremely high, the control is accurate, and the printing content is clearly and perfectly interpreted. Market competitiveness, environmental protection and safety, without any corrosiveness, completely isolated from chemical pollution, it is also a kind of intimate protection for operators, ensuring the cleanliness of the production site, reducing subsequent investment, and reducing noise pollution;
6. The anti-counterfeiting effect is obvious, and the laser marking technology can effectively inhibit the counterfeiting of product identification;
7. Reduce production costs, reduce consumables, and improve production efficiency.
In summary, the choice of inkjet printer and laser marking machine mainly depends on the actual needs and specific conditions of users. There is no best product, only the most suitable machine.