Are you looking forward to build wood CNC machines or buy affordable CNC routers for woodworking with any budget in USA, UK, UAE, Canada, Australia, Russia, South Africa, China, India or other countries from Asia, Europe, North America, South America, Africa, and Oceania? Review 2021 best CNC wood router buyer's guide for woodworkers, woodworking machinists, wood fabricators, operators, craftsman and beginners, we'll offer you 2021 cheap wood CNC router machines with custom CNC wood cutting, carving, engraving, milling, and routing service to fit your 2D & 3D CNC woodworking projects, plans, and ideas in home shop, small business, school education, commercial use, or industrial manufacturing.
What Is A CNC Wood Router? - Definition
A CNC wood router is a type of automatic wood CNC router machine for smart 2D & 3D routing, cutting, carving, drilling, grooving, or milling on most popular woodworking projects, including wood crafts, wood arts, wood signs making, cabinet making, wood door making, wood gifts, wood toys, wood modeling, decorations, wardrobe and other wood furniture making. A CNC wood router machine is composed of machine frame, CNC controller, spindles, T-slot table or vacuum table, gantry, CNC software, CNC operating system, motor, driver, vacuum pump, power supply, guide rail, ball screw, collet, limit switch, pinion, rack and more CNC router parts & accessories. A CNC wood router kit is also known as wood CNC machine, wood CNC router, CNC woodworking machine, CNC woodworking router, CNC wood carving machine, CNC wood carver, CNC wood engraving machine, CNC wood engraver, CNC wood cutting machine, CNC wood cutter, CNC wood router machine, CNC wood router table, CNC woodworking tool.
How Does A Wood CNC Machine Work? - Working Principle
A wood CNC machine uses the computer to realize digital program control, and executes the control program stored in advance through the computer to realize the machine's motion control, timing, logic and other functions, so as to control the equipment to complete the automatic woodworking.
The functional software with any CNC router machine is CAD/CAM software. CAD software allows users to create the designs they wish to work on a woodworking CNC router machine. After completing this design, the CAM software will convert the design into a tool path code that the wood CNC machine can understand. Then, the computer converts this code into a signal that controls the movement of the drive system of the woodworking CNC machine. The drive system includes a spindle, which is the part that saves the actual CNC routing machine position. The spindle rotates 8,000 to 50,000 times per minute to cut the material. In short, the user creates a design and uses the software to make instructions for the CNC woodworking machine.
3 axis CNC wood router machine cuts along three axes at the same time: X-axis, Y-axis and Z-axis. Cutting along the X axis makes the drill bit of the woodworking CNC machine move from front to back, cutting along the Y axis makes it move from left to right, and cutting along the Z axis makes it move up and down. These wood CNC machines are mainly used to cut 2D flat woodworking projects. Compared with 3 axis CNC router machine, 5 axis CNC router machine can cut along two additional axes. These wood CNC machines can cut five sides of a piece of material at the same time, thereby expanding the capabilities and flexibility of operators. Unlike their 3-axis counterparts, these CNC wood cutting machines are usually used to cut large 3D woodworking projects. In addition, 5 axis wood CNC machines have a higher gantry and a longer X-axis, which allows them to cut larger woodworking projects. However, if the gantry is higher and the X-axis is longer, the accuracy and stability of these CNC wood engraving machines will be worse. For proper quality control, the height of the gantry and the length of the X-axis should be limited as much as possible. Although wood CNC routers look like simple machines, they are highly complex technologies and require a certain amount of expertise to operate. 5 axis CNC wood carving machines tend to be more expensive than traditional 3 axis CNC wood carving machines, but ultimately provide greater flexibility, allowing users to use their designs more creatively.
How Many Types Of Wood CNC Machines? - DIY Guide
What types of wood CNC machines are right for your business? Review the different types of CNC router machines used in woodworking.
Types of Table: 2x3 CNC wood router tables, 2x4 CNC wood router tables, 4x4 CNC wood router tables, 4x6 CNC wood router tables, 4x8 CNC wood router tables, 5x10 CNC wood router tables, 6x12 CNC wood router tables.
Types of Application: Home wood CNC machines, Desktop wood CNC machines, 3D wood CNC machines, Hobby wood CNC machines, Industrial wood CNC machines.
Types of Axis: 5 axis CNC routers for woodworking, 4 axis CNC wood routers, 4th axis CNC wood routers (rotary axis CNC wood routers), 3 axis CNC wood routers.
What Are CNC Wood Routers Used For? - Applications
CNC wood routers are the most common CNC router machines for woodworking in industrial manufacturing, small business, small shop, home business, home shop, school education, craftsman, and hobbyists.
1. Furniture Making: home furnitures, art furnitures, antique furnitures, office furnitures, cabinet making, door making, cabinet doors, interior doors, home doors, cupboard doors, table legs, sofa legs, wood spindles, corners, screens, headboards, composite gates, MDF projects, wood crafts, wood arts.
3. Die Making.
4. Hollow Woodworks.
5. Relief Carvings.
6. Wood Cylinders.
7. 3D Woodworking Projects.
8. Sign Making.
9. Custom Woodworking Plans.
Technical Parameters - Specification Guide
|Models||STM6090, STM1212, STM1218, STM1224, STM1325, STM1530, STM2030, STM2040, STM25120|
|Table Sizes||2' x 3', 2' x 4', 4' x 4', 4' x 6', 4' x 8', 5' x 10', 6' x 12'|
|Materials||Hardwood (Solid Wood), MDF (Medium-Density Fiberboard), Plywood, Particleboard, Wood Veneer|
|Axis||3 Axis, 4th Axis, 4 Axis, 5 Axis|
|Capability||2D Machining, 2.5D Machining, 3D Machining|
|Control Software||Type3, Ucancam, Artcam, Alphacam, Cabinet Vision|
|Operating System||Mach3, Nc-studio, Syntec, DSP, Siemens, Nk200, Nk260, NK300|
|Price Range||$2,580.00 - $38,000.00|
How Much Does A CNC Wood Router Cost?
If you want to buy a wood CNC machine, you may wonder how much does a CNC wood router cost? how to get a final price? According to different CNC woodworking machine configurations, you will get the wood CNC router machine cost from $2,580.00 to $38,000.00. If you have an idea to buy a CNC wood carving machine overseas, the fee of customs clearance, tax, and shipping costs should be included in the final price.
Pick Up Your Budget - Pricing Guide
|Minimum Price||Maximum Price||Average Price|
|24" x 24"||$2,380.00||$30,00.00||$2,680.00|
|24" x 36"||$2,580.00||$35,00.00||$2,780.00|
|24" x 48"||$3,000.00||$20,000.00||$3,600.00|
|48" x 48"||$3,680.00||$4,500.00||$3,980.00|
|48" x 96"||$4,580.00||$12,700.00||$5,680.00|
|60" x 120"||$5,080.00||$13,600.00||$6,080.00|
|72" x 144"||$5,600.00||$15,000.00||$6,580.00|
How To Choose A Wood CNC Router Controller? - Building Guide
Computer CNC Controller
That is, by installing a control card on the PCI slot of the computer motherboard, and installing a CNC router software driver on the computer to control the walking of the CNC wood cutting machine's X, Y, Z axis and the rotation of the spindle motor, the processing effect can be previewed, and you can see it at any time To the processing track, if the program loading error can be corrected in time. The computer CNC controller has a humanized interface, simple and convenient operation, complete functions, and high program compatibility. Various CAM software can be imported directly or indirectly.
Handle DSP Controller
That is, you can control the movement of the CNC woodworking machine in your hand. It saves space and does not occupy a computer; the disadvantage is that the operation is relatively troublesome, after all, all functions are integrated on a control panel, and it is easy to press the wrong function keys if the operation is unskilled. It is widely used with various CNC wood carving machines (including four-axis linkage) without occupying a separate computer, which greatly reduces the footprint of the equipment and is more convenient for tool setting. The disadvantage is that there is no preview and other functions, and the interface is not as intuitive as a computer.
All-In-One CNC Controller
Independent integrated design, using industrial computer, PLC and other integrated control, rich interfaces, complete functions, can realize multi-axis control and automatic tool change. Mainly used for high-end CNC wood carving machines, CNC woodworking machining centers, and some CNC milling machines, the anti-interference ability of the control system, as well as all aspects of performance, control accuracy and more, which are better than other types. The system is integrated in the CNC operating system. It is not the mainstream, but it is the mainstream of the all-in-one type in the woodworking CNC machine controller. The disadvantage is that the price is high and the operability tends to be CNC wood cutting machine. For some customers, the operation is not as simple as the former.
How To Choose The Best CNC Router Bits For Wood? - Tooling Guide
In CNC woodworking, many details can affect the quality, accuracy and appearance of the final woodworking project, especially the choice of CNC router tools for woodworking. Choosing the right tool according to different processing materials and different machining processes is an important factor to ensure fast and efficient production. So what kinds of CNC router bits for woodworking are divided into? What kind of woodworking is suitable for each CNC bit?
1. Flat bottom router bits, also called column router bits, mainly rely on the side edge for carving, and the bottom edge is mainly used for flat polishing. The end face of the head of the column router bit is large, and the working efficiency is high. It is mainly used for contour cutting, milling plane, area rough carving, surface rough carving, etc.
2. Straight router bit is also a relatively common one, which is often used to carve large characters. The edge of the material cut by it is straight, which is generally used for PVC and acrylic cutting to make characters.
3. Milling cutter is the most common tool in CNC wood carving machine processing. Milling cutters are divided into many types according to their shapes. For example, double-edged spiral milling cutters used when cutting acrylic and MDF, single-edged spiral ball-end milling cutters for large deep relief processing of cork, MDF, solid wood, and acrylic. It is a prismatic milling cutter used when making high-density boards, solid wood doors, and furniture. Of course, many tool manufacturers will also make special tools according to the special requirements of many customers, such as large chip-removing spiral milling cutters that are more suitable for cutting density boards and chip removal. The round bottom cutter is more suitable for precision small relief carving.
4. Ball end router bit, the cutting edge of the ball router bit is arc-shaped, forming a hemisphere during the carving process of the CNC wood cutting machine, the process is evenly stressed and the cutting is stable. Ball cutters are not suitable for milling planes.
5. Bullnose router bit is a mixture of fluted column router bit and ball end router bit. On the one hand, it has the characteristics of a ball end router bit to carve curved surfaces, and on the other hand, it has the characteristics of a fluted column router bit and can be used for plane milling.
6. Tapered flat bottom router bits, abbreviated as tapered router bits. They have the widest range of applications in the entire carving industry. The bottom edge of the cone router bit, commonly known as the tip, is similar to a column router bit, and can be used for the finishing of small planes. The side edge of the cone router bit is inclined at a certain angle to form an inclined side surface during the carving process. The structural characteristics of the cone router bit can enable it to achieve the unique three-dimensional angle clearing effect of the carving industry. Cone router bits are mainly used for single-line carving, area rough carving, area fine carving, 3D clear angle, projection carving, image gray scale carving, etc.
7. Tapered end mill, referred to as tapered ball nose router bit. It's a mixture of cone milling cutter and ball milling cutter. On the one hand, it has the characteristics of a cone cutter with a small tip, and on the other hand, it has the characteristics of a ball router bit, which can engrave relatively fine curved surfaces.
8. Tapered bullnose router bit is a mixture of cone router bit and bullnose router bit. On the one hand, it has the characteristics of a cone shaped router bit, which can have a smaller tip, engraving and milling relatively fine curved surfaces, and on the other hand, it has a bullnose shaper cutter. Because of its characteristics, the tapered bullnose router bit is often used for relief carving.
9. The V-Groove router bits are designed to cut deep or shallow V-shaped grooves.
10. Drill bits are mainly used for drilling. When the hole is relatively shallow, clearing bottom router bits can be used to drill holes.
How To Buy CNC Routers For Woodworking? - Buying Guide
We will recommend the most suitable CNC wood cutter to you after being informed by your requirements: The materials you want to carve and cut. The max size of the materials (Length * Width * Thickness).
We will offer you with our detail quotation according to the consulted CNC woodworking machine: The best CNC router parts, accessories, bits, tools, and affordable price.
3. Process Evaluation:
Both sides carefully evaluate the details (technical parameters, specifications and business terms) of the order to exclude any misunderstanding.
4. Placing Order:
If you have no doubt, we will send you the PI (Proforma Invoice), then we will sign a contract with you.
We will arrange the CNC wood cutting machine production as soon as receiving your contract and deposit. The latest news about production will be updated and informed to the CNC wood carving machine buyer during the production.
The whole CNC wood carving machine production procedure will be under regular inspection and strict quality control. The complete CNC wood engraving machine will be tested to make sure they can work well before out of factory.
We will arrange the delivery as the terms in contract after the confirmation by the CNC wood engraving machine buyer.
8. Custom Clearance:
We will supply and deliver all the necessary shipping documents to the CNC wood cutting machine buyer and ensure a smooth customs clearance.
9. Support and Service:
We will offer professional technical support and 24/7 free service by: Phone, Email, Skype, WhatsApp, Online Live Chat, Remote Service. We also have door-to-door service in some areas.
How To Use A CNC Router For Woodworking? - Operation Guide
1. Turn On Machine.
Before starting up, it is first to determine that all connections between the CNC wood engraving machine and the computer are normal, and then turn on the power supply of the machine and the computer to enter the CNC system.
2. Mechanical Reset.
After starting the system (the system will judge whether the CNC wood router kit has "returned to the machine origin" before entering the active machining), the "return to machine origin" prompt dialog box will appear first, click the corresponding button, and the CNC wood engraving machine will automatically return to the CNC wood carving machine origin. And proofread the coordinate system.
3. Check I/O Status.
Check the input and output status of each signal, check whether there is a fault signal, to ensure that the wood CNC router machine can process safely.
4. Load CNC File.
Before machining, the user usually needs to load the required CNC file, otherwise all the functions of the active machining are invalid.
Select [File (F)] -> [Open and Load (O)...] menu, a Windows standard file operation dialog box will pop up, and you can select the file to be cut. Perhaps click the right mouse button in the active machining window to pop up a shortcut menu, select [Open and Load (O)...], and select the desired processing file in the pop-up file operation dialog box. Then after clicking the "Open" button, the processing program is loaded into the system. At this moment, you can click on the "Active" window to check the current CNC file.
5. Manual Operation.
a. Display manual operation interface.
Click the [Manual] window with the mouse, a manual operation interface will appear, on this interface, you can manually operate the CNC machine for woodworking.
b. Manually move.
Manual movement can be completed by clicking the corresponding button on the manual operation interface with the mouse. You can also manually move the CNC wood engraving machine through the small number keys on the keyboard. Note that you must first switch the input focus to the manual window. The detailed method is to switch to the manual window first, then click any position of the manual window with the left mouse button, and press the corresponding number key on the keyboard to complete the manual movement.
6. Set Origin of Project.
The origin of X, Y, Z, A coordinates in the CNC programming is the project origin. Before machining, first manually move the wood CNC machine's X, Y, Z, and A axis to the orientation of the project origin desired by the user, and clear the coordinate value of the current orientation in the coordinate window (or select [Operation (O )]->[Set the current point as the origin of the project]), so that the current orientation is used as the origin of the project for machining when the CNC programming is executed.